Abu Fadhl Abbas
When I utter the name Abbas, I feel empowered
When I pray through Abbas, upon me blessings are showered
Abbas that warrior who over his enemies, he towered
The destroyer of the hypocrite, the liar the coward
But the tragedy that befell him truly breaks the heart
With what masaib of Abu Fadhil should I start
When Sakina pleads for water, just think about his state
He begs permission to fight, no longer can he wait
Imagine listening to your daughter, or your sister scream
Sakina was his princess, and Zaynab was his queen
The chivalry of Abbas, nowhere else has been seen
So picture his reaction when the container bursts
As an arrow is launched from the enemy, the accursed
Abbas lays there dying, unable to quench their thirst
For which Masaib of Abbas should I lament first?
Do I discuss the severing of his left arm or right
Or when an arrow hits his eye and he loses his sight
As Abbas is struck, how does he fall to the floor
With no arms to protect him anymore
Abbas hits his face as he crashes to the shore
But there's an arrow in his eye as we mentioned before
With what further pressure did the arrow pierce his eye
For which masaib of Abu Fadhil should I first cry?
When Abbas hits the ground, Sakina's in agony
The women are distraught and the camp is in anarchy
The hopes of Ahlul Bayt have now been shattered
Across the desert is Abbas’ blood – scattered
At various sites his blood forms numerous puddles
His limbs across the floor like a broken jigsaw puzzle
Sakina is weak and her lips are parched
All she wants now is her uncle Abbas
The camp drops into silence and Husayn feels numb
For which of Abbas’ Masaib should I feel the most gham?
When Abbas hits the floor do I discuss Husayn's emotion
'Abbas with your death my back has become broken'
As a flagbearer for this mission, you had been chosen
After your demise, the women lose their protector
When Zaynab is whipped, there's no one to protect her
Abbas, you would lift her so she could mount her horse
Now to ride without a saddle, your sister is forced
How many trials the women were forced to surmount
Which Masaib of Abu Fadhil do I start to recount?
Which of Abbas' Masaib do I begin to narrate?
The humiliation of the women of Ahlul Bayt?
The ladies' hijab was their most valuable possession
Yet there was no mercy in the enemies' oppression
As the veils from their faces were shamelessly snatched
When they plead for them back, they were brutally slapped
Abbas where were you when they snatched Sakina's earring
Or when Zaynab was paraded with the masses cheering
For which Masaib of Abbas is the heart left bleeding?
For which Masaib of Abbas is the heart left burning
That 1400 years later, millions are still yearning
To visit Karbala and perform Ziyarah under his dome
Ask any Shi'a, they'll say Karbala is their home
One ever-lasting memory is Abbas’ Akhlaq
That he displayed when he reached the River Furaat
How easy would it have been to drink the water?
But then he remembers the son of Muhammad’s daughter
How can I drink when the son of Fatima’s tongue is dry?
And this is my response when the ignorant ones try
And render Karbala a political dual
With this one incident, I ask them to think
If this was for power, why would Abbas not drink?
Without any energy, the enemies’ blood he shed
With even a drop of water he’d have left their army for dead
Abbas taught us all that Akhlaq is our weapon
In any situation our values we never lessen
And THIS is why Karbala is an eternal commemoration
If the world knew Abbas, he’d be claimed by every nation
It thus comes as no surprise that Allah has decreed
That a Du’a through Abbas is always guaranteed
So I ask Allah through Abbas to take me back to his grave
Take me back to the land where my faith was saved
No comments:
Post a Comment