Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Like Mother Like Daughter

Like Mother Like Daughter

Mother, look what they did to brother Husayn
I could not bear to see him in such pain 
Zaynab, my child, control your anguish 
Eternal tears for Husayn, is my Shi’as promise

Mother, they took baby Asgher and put him on a spear
I have never seen Ruqayya express such fear
Zaynab, yet another baby a victim of such savage
Daughter do you not remember my miscarriage?

Mother, look at my state, alone and abused 
I am constantly treating Sakina, all cut and bruised
Zaynab, I remember cleaning the wounds of my father
It is for this reason I am called Umm Abiha

Mother, they killed Husayn, what more did they require?
That they had to set our tents on fire
Zaynab , don’t you remember when they burnt my door?
They slapped me too, beating me to the floor

Mother, they snatched the veil from my hair
Our modesty exposed, open to public stares
Zaynab, they also snatched Fadak from Ahlul Bayt
For these evil hypocrites, punishment awaits

Mother, did you hear Husayn in his desperate yelp?
In his loneliness, he cried out for help
Daughter, the heavens shook when he made this call
To Husayn’s aid, Mohsin was ready to crawl

Mother, when Abbas was killed, Husayn’s back broke
Look what they did to the members of the cloak
Zaynab, remember your father’s wail when my broken rib he felt
Was I not the fragrance of paradise that RasulAllah smelt?

Mother, we are now 1400 years later
And my grave is being destroyed by today’s Bani Umayyah
Zaynab, if only you were alive and could see
What they are doing to us here in Baqee

My Queen, why is it always the best that suffer?
My Princess, it’s so our Shi’a can enjoy the Akhira.



No comments:

Post a Comment