Monday, 12 October 2015

Sayyeda Zaynab (sa): Our 'Untaught Scholar'

Sayyeda Zaynab (sa): Our ‘Untaught Scholar’ 

A result of two pearls coming together
Is a jewel of a daughter, a mother, a sister
 
Whose mother is the embodiment of purity
Whilst her father symbolises the pinnacle of bravery

What can I say about the daughter of Ali
?
Do I speak about her eloquence, patience or impeccable modesty?
 
When the enemies snatched her Hijab on that day of Ashura
 
They put it on her followers, until the day of Qiyamah

My Princess, Zaynab, your patience I admire
A percentage of your Imaan, I strive to acquire
 
May we all endeavour to continue your legacy
 
Set from your birth, to when you saw 'nothing but beauty’


In the world today, women are considered inferior
 
Judged by appearance rather than the all-important interior
 
I wish they knew about you and your mother
An unrivalled pair they would surely discover

With Yazids of today, plaguing many nations
 
We long for your presence, to deliver another sermon
 
One that rocked the throne of the shameful tyrants
 
Where justice prevailed, leaving corruption in silence

Your status in Jannah, we cannot conceive
Your priceless Shafa'a, we long to receive
Such is the worth of your mother's Mahar
A glimmer of hope, for your needy lovers

Your character is such that it leaves the heart in awe
 
So may Allah's blessings be on you, now and ever more
 
For let us all rejoice at the holy Wiladah
Of our Sayyeda Zaynab, our 'untaught scholar'

No comments:

Post a Comment