The Sands of Karbala
From that fateful day, till now and evermore
Oppression like mine won't be witnessed, of that I am sure
What was my doing that I had to provide?
The ground for a battle, over which the heavens cried
My master calls for water but his thirst I cannot quench
Rather I burden him more, with my heat so intense
But I ask you O Husayn, where did you feel heat more?
When you stood on me, or by your mother’s burning door?
I ask, how is it fair that Furaat meets my shore?
Is Sakina’s tongue not more worthy than my floor?
The wetness of her tears I continuously collect
But the thirst of these children, I cannot correct
I've seen children smile, when a puzzle they complete
But what kind of jigsaw will be Sakina’s treat?
To find Abbas’ body parts and piece them together
And yet under my surface, he'll lay broken forever
Consuming the fall of Abbas is hard to accept
But the pressure of Husayn, with Shimr on his chest
I wonder, was this Zahra between the door and her wall?
That moment when Mohsin was denied the chance to crawl
I see a six-month old baby, from his cradle he quivers
So Husayn places him on me, requesting a drop of my river
Instead they feed him an arrow, and blood begins to fall
Throw it up Husayn! 'Don't accept this blood', I heard the heavens call.
The ladies stumble on me, fleeing from their tents
Yet the snatching of their veils, they're unable to prevent
If I was not shrouded by the blood of Zaynab’s brother
I vow with my every grain, her blessed hair I would cover
I am stained with the blood of Abbas and Husayn
Yet when I am labelled ‘Shafa’a’, they are called insane
If RasulAllah’s saliva could cure the eye of Ali
Then surely I have the power to change my Shi’as destiny
My status is such that I’m called heaven on Earth
To renewed hope, miracles and enlightenment I give birth
The enemies think with bombs, they’ll stop my visitation
Little do they know, Husayn is the ark of salvation.
So run, walk, or crawl to me, every step blessed by Allah
For I am this Jannah; I am the sands of Karbala
No comments:
Post a Comment