Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Sayyeda Sakina (sa): I Have Seen Enough

Sayyeda Sakina (sa): I Have Seen Enough

Father, it’s Muharram, so why are we fasting?
Even if we are, 3 days it shouldn’t be lasting
Baba, I’m four years old, this isn’t fair
Even a drop of water, are they unable to spare?

Your companions are dying, one after another
Father, Akber is going to fight, but he’s my brother!
Bring him back, I haven’t said farewell
It’s too late now, from his horse he just fell

Baba, I just saw Qasim, mounting his horse
He is just a child, do they have no remorse?
His shoes are undone, he’s tying his lace
Father, they just hit him with a sword across his face!

I see uncle Abbas enter the field
I gather the children, our eyes are peeled
We know that water is just moments away
A smile on our face, for the first time today

Father, I see the container approaching the tent
But a man behind the tree, Umar ibn Sa’ad has sent
Baba he just severed Abbas’ right and left arm
Yet the container from his body they’ve failed to disarm

Father, arrows are being thrown from left and right
One hit uncle’s eye, he has lost his sight
I just saw an arrow pierce the flask
I don’t care about water, I want my Abbas

Father, look at the camp, we’ve lost all hope
And now it’s your turn to go, I cannot cope
Baba they’re taunting me, calling me Yateem
Please explain to me, what does this even mean?

Father, who is that, sitting on your chest?
Is that not the place where I come to rest?
He has raised a sword, your head he will sever
I swear I’ll remember this moment forever

Father, I can no longer hold back these tears
I even saw Asgher’s head on a spear
I want to go home, this is all too tough
Someone tell the enemies, I have seen enough

No comments:

Post a Comment